Sunday 2 January 2022

NETRUZ Champion Teacher: Dilshoda Mahkamova

My name is Dilshoda Mahkamova. I work as an EFL teacher at Namangan State University. I graduated from Namangan State University in 2016 and gained my Master’s degree from there in 2018.

Actually, my research interests cover a range of topics for language teaching and learning. As the personal attitude of a learner towards any kind of subject or language is one of the key factors leading the success in that field, my research interest mainly focuses on learners’ motivation in language learning. Moreover, I am keen on researching how language skills can be obtained in an easier and more interesting way in a shorter period of time.

The abstract of my research project

During the pandemic situation, I started some speaking classes with my intermediate students in small groups on Zoom. However, compared to the on-site lessons, I felt some serious changes in my learners’ participation in online learning. Some of them have been much less active in speaking or unwilling to take part in activities. While only a few of them could join the lessons on time. So I felt puzzled about the situation in my online classroom and decide to conduct exploratory-action research on how to motivate my learners to speak in the online setting.

My reflection on the training and exploratory-action research

To tell the truth, I am very glad to be a member of this small exploratory-action research community. This training empowered us not only with the knowledge in the exploratory research but also more ideas to put into action. After the workshops, as a teacher, I started to feel more confident about any problems which may arise in my classroom. Because now, we are able to identify the root of them as well as find the way out implementing this obtained knowledge. Furthermore, it showed us the way of continual professional development, which is needed all the time for teachers. Besides, I learned how reflection is vital in classes as a teacher as it can serve as a mirror to show our success and shortcomings in our teaching process.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOST POPULAR POSTS