Saturday 1 January 2022

NETRUZ Champion Teacher: Nozima Mukhtarova


My name is Nozima Mukhtarova Kuchkarovna. I received my MA in Linguistics (English language) from the National University of Uzbekistan in 2021, and BA in Philology (English language) from Uzbekistan State World Languages University in 2005. I have worked as an English teacher at academic lyceums for 14 years and at school for 2 years. Currently, I am a Senior Instructor of the Communicative English Module at the Branch of the Russian State Pedagogical University named after A.I. Herzen in Tashkent. Simultaneously I work as an English teacher at Specialized School N-227.

To develop proficiency skills, I have become a member of the Online Teacher Community Team organized by the British Council. I have accomplished English Language and ELT Methodology Programme.

My research interests for the NETRUZ project:

In the following EAR I am determined to find ways of encouraging my students to interact with each other in English during the classes, to improve their English communicative skills, particularly speaking. I would like to boost confidence in them, help them to overcome the language barrier, motivate and accelerate their speaking in English. Thanks to the NETRUZ project I am improving my teaching skills as well as my students’ attitude to my lessons.

The abstract of my research project:

My topic was devoted to exploring the reasons why my students (students of preschool education direction) use mostly L1 in English classes and the ways to switch them on English. I explored how my students feel while speaking in class to me, to each other and to the whole audience. I tried to find out what are their perceptions, expectations, needs and hopes of the class. Besides, I asked my colleague to observe my lesson and exchanged her opinion on this issue. I learnt about other ELT teachers' experiences related to my context from different articles and webinars provided by NETRUZ Project.

Reflection on training and exploratory action research:

The training was designed in high quality, to develop the proficiency skills of English teachers with the help of triangulation: exploring yourself, your learners and other teachers’ experience. It was unique in terms of exchanging ideas, learning to question appropriately and finding the right answer, approaching an issue from different points which surely serve to be more critical and creative. All mentors contributed with informative presentations, were supportive and motivating. This training helped me to design materials concerning my students’ abilities and preferences, to be open to my students, to let them know that I am not different to their perceptions and expectations. Moreover, it helped me to engage my students in learning English with pleasure and to boost their wish to use the target language more. Overall I benefited from this course in terms of exploring my attitude to each lesson, creating more engaging activities by learning my students’ weaknesses, strengths and wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOST POPULAR POSTS